Thursday, October 20, 2011

Teary eyed Reba?

I found myself getting a bit teary eyed tonight at the Reba concert.  She's been a favorite of mine since her TV show started 10 years ago.  Her theme song to the show is called "I'm A Survivor".  And like the character Reba, I knew back then what it was like to have your husband leave you for another woman and working two jobs, and raising my baby daughter all alone in the world.  So I identified with her character, though they did a good job of putting a comedic spin on such a hard subject.  They gave me 10 years ago something to laugh about.  Tonight, I sat and watched Reba sing with my arm around my not so little girl (her first concert) and thought "Wow!" God sure has taken me a long road and I am so blessed.  I have the priveledge to be married to the most amazing man who loves me and loves my daughter as his own!"  I love the song, but I no longer have to survive to get through life.  How lucky am I ?  I never thought I'd be here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment